Saturday, September 5, 2009

Weekend? What weekend?

This must be the fifth or sixth year that Labor Day as come and I am in the middle of a project with a short deadline.  Will I ever get a long weekend?

To make matters worse, the client threw out a perfectly good script, that included location and studio shoots, and instead wants all stock footage and graphics.  So much for getting out of the edit bay.

If you're like me, you do a considerable amount of pacing around trying to figure out how to fill two minutes with made-from-whole-cloth graphics.  Thank God for the Mac Pro with 8 cores and 8 gigabytes of RAM.  I could not imagine doing this on my older dual 1.24Ghz G4.  I used to have time to go for coffee during a render.  Now, I trapped in the seat watching a progress bar actually move.

How do you other editors spend their time waiting for a long render?  We should take a poll.

Ok, short notes today.  Gotta edit!

-Videoman

No comments:

Post a Comment